The micro RTU is designed to be a small stand-alone remote terminal unit designed for low input-count tasks in remote locations or where infrastructure costs must be minimised. It is currently used for the logging of temperature in critical cold stores and coldrooms such as for pharmaceutical storage or for flowers. It is equally at home logging river or well height levels, dam or stock water trough levels or outback temperatures.
Not only is the micro RTU able to store data it can raise an alarm or an alert by mobile phone network using PSTN phone calls if required. Logged data can be stored directly in a plant historian module or transmitted as a spreadsheet directly by email on a regular basis.
The micro RTU has the following basic specification:
- 2 x Analog inputs (4-20mA or 0-10Vdc)
- 2 x Digital inputs
- multiple remote temperature sensors
- 1 x local alarm relay output
- local alarm cancel button
- Built in GSM modem - Embedded SIM option (Telstra only)
- Built in back-up battery
- 7-24Vdc power supply
- Form Factor: Desktop, Din Rail, 1RU Rack, IP65 wall mount