Communications and Connectivity
The DDAC system is supported by the use of a modern digital communications system using GSM voice / modem or a range of satellite communications systems allowing comminication even at sea or in polar regions. Basically, if the installation can see the sky we can get the data out and to your desktop, pad or phone.
The following are the basic specifications of the communications.
- Local connection to other modules or third party devices – Modbus over TCP/IP
- The micro RTU comes with built in GSM voice / modem
- GSM voice / modem module available for the smart controller module if ethernet is not available
- A range of satellite communication styles is available for the micro RTU and the smart controller
- Satellite technology can be used for accurate geo-spatial location or time-stamping of data tags